Swimming Instructor: Odette Leach (Odette is a highly qualified Swimming teacher)
Method of Teaching
- Get the child accustomed to the water (shallow water) to enable them to feel comfortable and not fearful
- Wet face and hands
- Lay them flat on their stomachs
- Blow bubbles through their mouths
- Allow the child to float in deeper water
- The use of a Bentley Belt is preferable to other swimming aids
- Learns how to float using a cycling motion
- Teach them leg co-ordination
- Learn arm co-ordination
- Include the use of the arms to work in conjunction with leg co-ordination
- Gradually deflate the Bentley Belt (or other aids) until the child gains full experience with the required swimming strokes and swimming ability
To enable the child to learn to swim the child must also learn how to blow bubbles in their bathwater (through their mouth and then through their noses).
The child must learn to feel confident, safe and secure with their teacher and with the water itself. If the child is fearful, the lessons will take longer to get to the different stages, unless they overcome their fear.
Your child will learn vital water safety skills while being active, learn to be competitive, have lots of fun and learn new valuable skills. A swimming assistant in the shallow baby pool closely monitors the children while Odette takes them individually to the deeper side for their training lesson.